This is a list of new features in Enswitch 4.0. It is not exhaustive; some enhancements are too minor to list. A full list of features is also available.
Highlights of 4.0
- The web interface has had a major redesign to be more modern, more flexible, and easier to use.
- Context-sensitive help in the web interface.
- Shared line appearance (SLA).
- Complex call flows can be easily understood using an interactive graphical call flow explorer.
- Optional LDAP server.
- Calls can be parked directly on a chosen parking slot.
- Parking slots can be shared across customers who have common routing enabled.
- Voicemail and fax notification emails can include a summary of the mailbox contents.
- Forwarded voicemails and faxes record original destination.
- Plugins can take parameters.
Web interface and administration
- Custom fields can be added to customers and telephone lines without development or editing web templates.
- Local CSS and image files can be administered within the web interface, making it easier for resellers to implement their own branding.
- The web interface can have different templates per DNS domain.
- A copy can be made of a customer in a single action.
- Data in the customers table can be exported to a .csv file, and then imported.
- Busy lamp buttons are validated, and rejected if invalid.
- The call history report can show calls to queues which have been abandoned.
- Classes of service can be shared by the system owner.
- A report can be generated of all numbers and feature codes using a time group.
- The call history report can link to an external VoIPmonitor report for each call, making debugging call problems easier.
Billing and payments
- Products can be sold to sub-customers, with resellers being able to override prices.
- More flexible control over whether customers are liable for taxes by default.
- The Enswitch Client for Windows can optionally automatically update to new versions.
- JSON API parameters and return values can be logged on the server side for debugging. Password fields are obfuscated.
- The system owner can edit the available voicemail and fax folders.
- Older data in logging tables can be automatically moved to an archive database.