This page describes the changes needed to change the IP address of Enswitch machines. It is not exhaustive; in particular additional steps may be required at a Linux level if other software is installed. This page assumes that host names will stay the same - if not, see changing host names.
The following updates are required at a Linux level:
- Change network interface.
- Update /etc/hosts on all machines in the cluster.
- Update DNS.
- Update reverse DNS.
- Update iptables on all machines in the cluster.
The following updates are required at an Enswitch level:
- Update System » Domains.
- Update System » Machines.
- Update the "SIP domain" custom setting for any rate plans with it set to an IP address. If using provisioning, each Polycom telephone will need re-saved to regenerate its provisioning file. This does not apply to other manufacturers.
- Review the System » Configuration menu, and update any settings as required.
- If this machine is running heartbeat, update /etc/ha.d/ha.cf and /etc/ha.d/haresources on both machines.
- If this machine is running MySQL, update /etc/enswitch/databases.conf (or /etc/enswitch/common.conf on Enswitch 2.11 and earlier) on all machines in the cluster and the database server in /etc/opensips/opensips.cfg or /etc/openser/openser.cfg on the OpenSIPS/OpenSER machines.
- If this machine is running MySQL, update /etc/asterisk/res_mysql.conf or /etc/asterisk/res_config_mysql.conf on all Asterisk machines.
- If this machine is a MySQL server with replication, update replication settings on the other machine.
- If MySQL has been configured to allow access only from certain machines or subnets, add the new address.
- If this machine is running OpenSIPS or OpenSER, update the listen address in /etc/opensips/opensips.cfg or /etc/openser/openser.cfg.
- If this machine is running OpenSIPS or OpenSER, update /etc/asterisk/sip.conf on all Asterisk machines.
- If this machine is an NFS client, update /etc/exports on the server.
- If this machine is an NFS server, update /etc/fstab and remount /var/lib/enswitch on the clients.
When done, reboot. When the machine comes back up, check that:
- If using NFS, NFS filesystems are mounted on all machines.
- If using MySQL replication, replication is running in both directions.
- Inbound calls are working from each number provider.
- Outbound calls are working to each peer.
- Calls to and from SIP handsets are working.
- The web interface is working.