Busy lamps allow one telephone to monitor the state of another telephone and light a lamp when the monitored telephone is making or receiving a call.
In the default configuration, busy lamps are automatically configured on the server side to allow telephones to monitor any telephone in the same customer. In this case, the next section can be skipped.
To configure busy lamps on the server (not normally required)
- Log in to the Enswitch web interface.
- Go to Features » Telephone lines.
- Click on the monitoring telephone line.
- Click on the "Busy lamps" link at the bottom of the page. If this isn't shown, it may be because:
- Your system is set to configure busy lamps automatically.
- This is the only telephone line in your customer, so there are no other telephones to monitor.
- Select which other telephone lines this telephone line is allowed to monitor.
- Click the "Save" button.
- Log in to the telephone's own web interface.
To configure busy lamps on the telephone (always required)
- Set the telephones to monitor as soft button destinations.
- Some models of telephone may need rebooted to take effect.