Sound files allow you to keep a collection of useful sounds that can then be used for other purposes such as mailbox greetings.
To create and use a sound file
- Log in to the Enswitch web interface.
- Go to Features » Sound files.
- Click the "New" button.
- Enter the following:
- A name for the sound file.
- Optionally a description.
- A .wav or .mp3 file to upload.
- Click the "Save" button.
- Go to another feature such as mailbox.
- On its edit page in the upload section, choose the sound file you've just created.
- Click the "Use or upload" button.
You can click the "Call to record" link then enter a number to call to record a new sound file. This file will have an automatically generated name based on the date and time. You can rename it to something more descriptive on the web interface. You can also create a feature code pointing to the "Record sound file" feature to do the same.