Alerts allow you to be notified by email of abnormal or potentially fraudulent calls. For example, calls costing more than a certain amount to a certain destination can trigger an alert.
To create an alert
- Log in to the Enswitch web interface.
- Go to Features » Alerts.
- Click the "New" button.
- Enter the following:
- A name for the alert.
- Optionally a description.
- What to check. Calls are checked at the end of each call. Telephone lines are checked once per minute. Destinations and numbers are checked daily.
- The email address to send the alert to.
- An upper limit on how frequently to send alerts. Note that if this is less frequent than the alert condition occurs, some alerts will be lost.
- Whether or not to save sent alerts in the database. If enabled, sent alerts can be viewed later using the new "Alerts stored »" link that will appear at the bottom of the edit alert page.
- The conditions to match on. All must match for the alert to be triggered. Destinations can be an exact number, or can be a prefix.
- Click the "Save" button.